Tuesday 5 July 2016

Looking back can get you a good deal on a Penicuik buy to let property



I am going to challenge some perceived wisdom today.  They say, never look back in life but I would say occasionally in property it is worth looking back to get a good deal on a Penicuik buy to let property so this is what I have done.

Now, most of the properties that I post about on the Penicuik Property Blog are sold quickly but there are the odd properties that aren’t .... most for reasons I highlight in the blog and some for unknown reasons. 

Today I am going to highlight a couple of Penicuik buy to let opportunities that I have put on the Penicuik Property Blog in the past that have not sold which you may be able to get for an even better price now as sellers will be very keen to sell.

John Street, Penicuik


On 1 September 2016 I first posted about this property – it is a 3 bed end upper villa that I reckoned you could get a yield of 9% + on but noted that it had a couple of issues (it’s an upper villa which may put off families with young kids with buggies and the third bedroom is a wee bit smaller).


The Brae, Auchendinny, Penicuik


I posted about this property on 15 April 2016 – it is a solid, stone built 1 bed flat that could yield you 7% which is an attractive yield for a stone build property of this nature.  It is still on the market today so you may be able to negotiate a lower price therefore getting you an even higher yield.


So, sometimes it is good to look back to bag a bargain .... but only sometimes!

I hope you find our posts useful.  If you would like some advice with your potential investment, please come and see me in my office (6 Bank Street, Penicuik), call me (01968 674601) or email me (lettings@thekeyplace.co.uk).

No comments:

Post a Comment